Could he possibly get any cuter?! Owen is such a a sweetie! This month he has started some not so fun habits, like waking up 5-6 times a night, but I forgive him because of that sweet smile. His big news for this month is that he started cereal! Just like with his sister, who's sleep problems started around this same time, we thought that this may help him sleep longer- nope. However, he does seem to enjoy eating with a spoon. The rice cereal seemed to bother his tummy a bit so we switched to oatmeal and he has been doing much better. Overall, he is still a super chill, happy baby. We went to the beach again this month and he did so well on the car ride! How blessed are we to have TWO great travelers?! We also took a family day to the aquarium which was his first trip, he did great! I can't believe how quickly this second round is going. If only I could make time stand still!!
Five month Stats
Not sure for measurements
Eating: 3ish hours and rice cereal at night
- First solids
What he loves:
- His feet
- Being naked- squeals in delight!
- Riding in the jogging stroller
- Being carried in the Moby wrap
- Being sung to
What he does not love:
- Sleeping at night.
Favorite Memories of this month:
- Getting some one on one time with him while Caroline is in school. Even though I feel like he demands a lot of my attention, I don't feel like I often have the opportunity to really give undivided attention and it is nice to be able to do so a few hours a week.
- Watching Caroline cheer him on when he rolls over! She is his biggest cheerleader and he just lights up at just the sight of her- melts this momma's heart!
Over the past month or 2 we've been pretty consistent with his nicknames so for memory sake I want to write them down:
- "Bubbles"- because when he gets really mad he blows spit bubbles
"Bubba" "Bubba-man" "Chunkles"- hehe.