It is very cliche, but time.is.flying. this time around!! I did not think it could possibly go any faster than it has been, but I was wrong. Our boy is one month old and we could not be more in love with his sweet self. The transition to a family four has gone so smoothly, that he truly feels like the missing piece to our family. So far, he has been an easy baby- praise the Lord and knock on wood! He is fairly predictable and has been just about since we brought him home. He is getting more on a eat/play/sleep routine but I'm not forcing any schedule yet. He's eating roughly every 2.5-3 hours and he is sleeping great at night! Right now he has a feeding around 8:30pm, asleep by 9/9:30, wakes to eat around 1 or 2am, sleeps until 5ish, then up to eat between 7-8am. I'll take it! Sadly, he is sleeping better than his big sister haha! Speaking of his sister, Caroline has been so awesome with him! She has not shown one ounce of jealousy so far and is so very sweet with him. I will say though, one big change from bringing him home was realizing just how big and independent she has become. She seems like she grew overnight since he is so tiny. I am loving this newborn stage and trying to soak in every minute, because I do know how fleeting this sweet, sleepy, tiny stage is. We are so very blessed with two healthy babies and I cannot wait for this next month and watching him grow even more!
One month Stats
Weight: 10lb 5oz (60% hooray!)- he was starting out as a slow gainer at first, but he is up 2 lbs past birth weight. He is 1.5lbs more than Caroline was at this age.
Length: 22.5 in (86%) - one inch longer than C at this age
Eating: every 2.5-3hours.
- First smile at 3 weeks old! He smiles a lot in his sleep, but this was the first one that seemed legit while we were talking to him =)
What he loves:
- Being held! I thought that Caroline loved being held- but this boy takes the cake. Lucky for me and for him, it's actually somewhat easier to just carry him around or wear him all day, however we both need to get used to him chilling on his own a bit more.
- His pacifier. Yay! This makes his fussy times much more manageable and it also helps stretch feedings a bit if necessary.
- Bath- he was not a fan at all of the first bath, but now he calms down and just relaxes in the bath with makes for a much happier time.
- His Momma =) I don't remember Caroline being as particular (really even until now, she has just recently become a full blown daddy's girl). But he will tolerate being held by others for a little bit but then lets them know their time is up...I'm ok with that =)
What he does not love:
- His car seat. It might as well be a torture device. Fortunately for all of us that have to ride with him, he is getting better at just giving in and falling asleep in it- whew!
- Diaper changes- again, he's getting more used it. But for the first two weeks he would scream at every change.
- Tummy time. Poor kiddo just hates it.