Sunday, April 3, 2011

Chattanooga Date...

Yesterday Greg and I spent our beautiful Saturday in Chattanooga, TN. We've had this date planned for a while, but the original date planned got rained out, but yesterday's weather was incredible so it was worth the wait! Our first stop was to drop the pups off at the grandparents house, then we hit the road to our first destination...
Rock City! It was a BEAUTIFUL day to spend outside and walk around the rock gardens. We had fun walking all of the trails, but were super creeped out by the glow-in-the-dark gnomes in Fairytale Land...
Here are a few more pics of us at Rock City before moving on to our next stop...
Greg, going through the Needle's Eye

The top of Lover's Leap
Our next place to go...
The Incline Railway! We didn't spend much time here, just enough to ride it down and back up, but it was neat all the same! I hadn't been here in YEARS!!
Our final stop before dinner was...
Ruby Falls! This was a lot of fun, after the initial panic attack brought on by claustrophobia...who would've thought being 1120 feet below ground, in rather short tunnels would make me freak out? I eventually got over it and had a great time looking at all the neat natural creations and actually making it to the waterfall. However, I was happy to be above ground too =)
Our final destination for the evening was out delicious dinner at...
This is an Italian restaurant that my family used to eat at when we lived in Chattanooga. The pasta is all homemade and OH SO YUMMY!! I seriously could have licked my plate of eggplant parm clean! Greg got the Spaghetti Carbonara which looked so good too! I love the area the restaurant is in, the Bluff Art District, because it is just so quaint and cute! It was a fantastic way to end a wonderful day with my sweet hubby =) After stuffing ourselves, we headed back to to pick up our puppies and go to bed! It was a fun, busy day!

4 comments:

Pat said...

Awwww!!! This brought back so many happy memories!! We still miss Chattanooga!! It is a wonderful place. Glad ya'll enjoyed your day!

Pat said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
leah said...

this is awesome! Kyle and I are going to have to check out some of these hikes!

Anonymous said...

Love the pics! You are always having lots of fun and making lots of memories. I remember going there as a child. The thought has crossed my mind several times about taking my own child there. But, I have this horrible fear of getting stuck in the fat man's squeeze.