Saturday, June 2, 2012

Baby Must-haves 3-6 Months...

Clearly the blog has taken a backseat lately...oh well, perhaps now that C is actually taking naps I will have more time to post all the fun things I'd like to! Anyway, for those interested and for me to refer back to on Baby Glawson #2 (several years from now) here are the products that have helped us out the most during these past three months.

1) Miracle Blanket. Yes. Caroline is 6 months old and STILL swaddled. I've given up the battle after trying to go through the unswaddling process several times and it's torture for us all. It's either have her sleep almost all night vs. no sleep at all for any of us and after the month or two of TERRIBLE sleep...I'll take all the sleep I can get =) This blanket is awesome because she does not like for her legs to be swaddled, just her arms (which she is too long for the leg part anyway) and we can still get a good, snug wrap on her. She loves it!

2) Vitamix .
Of course, any other blending or food processing device would work perfectly well for babyfood making purposes, but seriously...this thing is AWESOME for making C's food!! I've made baby food for almost all of the kids I nannied and nothing has ever pureed as well as our Vitamix has. It's saweeet!

3)Video Monitor.
We started out with the Angelcare Motion and Sound monitor which I "just HAD to have"...well, because of C's reflux we were never able to use the motion sensor pad because we have a wedge in her crib and the mattress has to be flat. Plus, since she is still swaddled and can rollover I was constantly going in just to make sure she was still on her back (since her arms aren't free to push herself back over). SO, this has been super!

4) Hidden In my Heart Scripture Lullabies



Seriously. Sweetest CD ever! It's bible verses set to beautiful music and we LOVE it! We keep it in the car and it calms C down within minutes and almost always puts her right to sleep. It is so soothing and so so pretty!

5) Exersaucer

Caroline LOVES to be in this thing! We keep it in the kitchen so she can play while I do the dishes or cook and she is perfectly content just hanging out in there.

6) Grocery Cart/ High chair cover

This is one of those things that I always thought was so unnecessary. Until I had my own kid and realized I'd rather her not chew on the grocery cart handle. I also about passed out when Greg took her to the grocery store alone and put her in the cart without it...oh the germs! LOL! So, we borrowed this one from Katie and we use it ALL the time! Love it!

7) Pack-n-play

This has definitely come in handy these past few months with trips to NC and Florida. I was worried she would not sleep well in it, but she does pretty good!  This is a must when family lives out of town!

8) Activity Mat

Caroline LOVES her activity mat. Especially when she wasn't able to sit up on her own. This is where she does most of her independent play and she is so content just hanging out, talking to her toys. Now that she is sitting up most of the time, she isn't on there as often, but we keep it around for tummy time.


I can't really think of anything else that we use ALL the time besides the obvious- carseat, stroller, high chair, etc...we're starting to use the Ergo carrier more, but I believe that will be more of a 6-12month+ item. Anyway, these are the things that have made life easier the past 3 months!


5 comments:

Pat said...

Good list! I will share with all my sweet new and soon-to-be new moms at school! Love you!!

Pat said...

Good list! I will share with all my sweet new and soon-to-be new moms at school! Love you!!

cindy glawson said...

Bring the saucer on vacation? Good post!!

Caroline @ The Feminist Housewife said...

I <3 the Vitamix too. And most of these things!

Sara said...

girl, don't even worry about swaddling. it is so not a big deal. sleep always wins in my book. :)