This weekend we got to spend a very short time in NC visiting the family. We wanted to get to spend a little time visiting on Friday so we left at 3:30pm hoping to get in around 9:30....we got in around 1am!! Longest. Trip. Ever. We got stuck in SO much traffic! Even though we missed out on some time on Friday, we had an excellent Saturday together. My mom and I went shopping for a bit in the morning and then when we got back my grandmother was there to visit, which was nice. Then after lunch and naps, we all headed out to the NC State Fair. I haven't been and YEARS and I was so excited to get to go back. It's HUGE!!! However, it was also exceptionally crowded! The one ride I really wanted to ride was the ferris wheel and we waited forever to ride it, but it was fun nonetheless. We ate some delicious, yet terrible for you fair food and then headed back to the house. We spent the evening catching up and then hit the sack! We had a very fun, but very short trip and we are looking forward to seeing everyone for a bit longer over Thanksgiving!
Big glare...but my parents and me
Greg and the inlaws
The fair is kind of an L-shape...so here is the shorter side
and here is the longer side...it's huge and PACKED!
I hate that you guys sat in so much traffic though... I wonder why? We left my office around 3:30 as well and made it to Ky's parents around 9:45! Either way that drive is LONG!!
4 comments:
We had FUN!!!! Looking forward to Thanksgiving!! Love you both!!
Yes it was very crowded! 8 of the days it was open it broke attendance records! (from the past 40 years) Andy
The fair was SO crowded!!
I hate that you guys sat in so much traffic though... I wonder why? We left my office around 3:30 as well and made it to Ky's parents around 9:45! Either way that drive is LONG!!
Glad you had a fun trip!
I LOVE fairs!
Post a Comment