1) Fisher Price Rock n' Play Sleeper : We LOVE this thing! We chose to use this instead of a bassinet because it took up less space, it's super portable which is so nice when we take it in and out of rooms or to the grandparents' houses, and it's elevated which is better for her acid reflux. She has slept great in this from day one. However, she had a harder time transitioning to the crib because she wasn't used to laying flat.

2) Moby Wrap: This was literally our lifesaver the first couple of weeks when Caroline wanted to be held 24/7. She's too big for the cradle carry now, so I occasionally put her in the "kangaroo" hold where she is facing me, but for the most part I have her forward facing in it now, which she loves. Once she is a little bit bigger, we'll be switching over to our Ergo carrier, but we are loving this one for now!
3) Boppy Pillow: This is probably my most used item. I use it at every feeding and to prop Caroline up on the couch, bed, or floor when we're playing with her. Love it!
4) Fisher Price Papasan Swing: At first, Caroline was not a fan. In fact, we were even looking into swapping it out for a Mamaroo, until one day she decided she would take a 2 hour nap in it and from then on she has loved it. Seriously, this swing has been a godsend and we are so thankful that Katie was sweet enough to let us borrow it! It eats through batteries though, but considering she takes two of her longer naps in it a day, I'll buy however many batteries I need to to keep this thing swinging!
5) Thirsties All-in-One Cloth Diaper: If you cloth diaper, these are a MUST! I LOVE them! They are new and Greg ordered one for Caroline a few weeks ago and it quickly became my favorite diaper, so we have since bought four more. They are super trim, super absorbent, and super easy (just like a disposable...no inserts, no stuffing, no liners, etc...just a diaper). Seriously, if I could have my entire stash be these, I would. LOVE them!
6) Halo Sleepsack Swaddle: Our girl loves to be swaddled! I love these because she likes to bend her elbows and keep her hands close to her face when she sleeps, and with other swaddlers (like the miracle blanket) she can't do that. I also like that the ones we have are either minky or fleece, which I feel like keep her nice and warm at night.
7) Snap-n-Go Stroller: I love this stroller! It is super lightweight and so convenient to just pop out of the trunk and snap her carseat in and just run into a store. It's not super bulky like some of the travel system strollers can be, but it still has a decent amount cargo space that can hold the diaper bag or whatever.
8) Recliner or Glider: We chose a comfy recliner and I LOVE IT! A nice comfortable chair is definitely a must, especially if you plan on breastfeeding, because you will be spending a LOT of time in that chair! It was also really nice to have while I was pregnant and couldn't get comfortable in bed, I would sleep in it instead. I love our recliner and appreciate Greg's parents getting it for us!
9) Sound machine: This is definitely a top 'must have' for us! Caroline loves her some white noise and between her sound machine and her humidifier, it sounds like an airport in her room! However, heaven forbid we set it on 'timer mode' and it turn off while she is sleeping, because she will definitely wake up and let you know that there is a problem. We chose the one we did specifically because it can me left on all night.
10) Bibs: Lots and lots and lots of bibs. I suppose this is one of those baby specific items, but Caroline spits up big time and has also started drooling a ton, so we generally go through about 5-6 bibs a day. I prefer ones that snap instead of velcro, but really anything is fine right now because she obviously can't pull them off yet.
Well, there ya have it. Ten things that we've found to be most useful over these past three months. Can't wait for the next three when we can start adding in some fun toys and food stuff to the mix =)
3) Boppy Pillow: This is probably my most used item. I use it at every feeding and to prop Caroline up on the couch, bed, or floor when we're playing with her. Love it!
4) Fisher Price Papasan Swing: At first, Caroline was not a fan. In fact, we were even looking into swapping it out for a Mamaroo, until one day she decided she would take a 2 hour nap in it and from then on she has loved it. Seriously, this swing has been a godsend and we are so thankful that Katie was sweet enough to let us borrow it! It eats through batteries though, but considering she takes two of her longer naps in it a day, I'll buy however many batteries I need to to keep this thing swinging!
5) Thirsties All-in-One Cloth Diaper: If you cloth diaper, these are a MUST! I LOVE them! They are new and Greg ordered one for Caroline a few weeks ago and it quickly became my favorite diaper, so we have since bought four more. They are super trim, super absorbent, and super easy (just like a disposable...no inserts, no stuffing, no liners, etc...just a diaper). Seriously, if I could have my entire stash be these, I would. LOVE them!
6) Halo Sleepsack Swaddle: Our girl loves to be swaddled! I love these because she likes to bend her elbows and keep her hands close to her face when she sleeps, and with other swaddlers (like the miracle blanket) she can't do that. I also like that the ones we have are either minky or fleece, which I feel like keep her nice and warm at night.
7) Snap-n-Go Stroller: I love this stroller! It is super lightweight and so convenient to just pop out of the trunk and snap her carseat in and just run into a store. It's not super bulky like some of the travel system strollers can be, but it still has a decent amount cargo space that can hold the diaper bag or whatever.
8) Recliner or Glider: We chose a comfy recliner and I LOVE IT! A nice comfortable chair is definitely a must, especially if you plan on breastfeeding, because you will be spending a LOT of time in that chair! It was also really nice to have while I was pregnant and couldn't get comfortable in bed, I would sleep in it instead. I love our recliner and appreciate Greg's parents getting it for us!
9) Sound machine: This is definitely a top 'must have' for us! Caroline loves her some white noise and between her sound machine and her humidifier, it sounds like an airport in her room! However, heaven forbid we set it on 'timer mode' and it turn off while she is sleeping, because she will definitely wake up and let you know that there is a problem. We chose the one we did specifically because it can me left on all night.
10) Bibs: Lots and lots and lots of bibs. I suppose this is one of those baby specific items, but Caroline spits up big time and has also started drooling a ton, so we generally go through about 5-6 bibs a day. I prefer ones that snap instead of velcro, but really anything is fine right now because she obviously can't pull them off yet.
Well, there ya have it. Ten things that we've found to be most useful over these past three months. Can't wait for the next three when we can start adding in some fun toys and food stuff to the mix =)
1 comment:
I wish there had been a Moby Wrap when my kids were little. I really like it. The next few months will be fun to see what her favorite blanket or toy will be! Give me the name of the all night white noise machine. I may need it for travel. :)
Post a Comment