Saturday, February 26, 2011

Girl's Weekend Extravaganza...

Last weekend our small group got together for a fun guys/girls weekend! While the men when camping, the girls partied it up at my house for a few days. The fun started Friday when we had a Mexican fiesta night with chicken tacos and margaritas. After dinner and some chit chat we Lauren, Erin, and I played Glee Karaoke on the Wii. It was so much fun! Later that night we watched "Life As We Know It" before going to sleep "girl scout style" as Erin called, where Erin and I slept on the air mattress and Lauren slept on the couch. Saturday morning we woke up and made a yummy breakfast of waffles and fruit and then split up for a while mid morning. We all met back up, including Kristie, in the evening and headed to Alpharetta for a little Just For Giggles (like Sip-n-Strokes) painting. We all painted an owl, which was somewhat applicable to most, being alumni of KSU. We had a blast! Erin and I went very against our inner being and painted with different colors than the instructor...it was tough not following the rules, and I do believe that I will listen next time lol. After painting, we went to a late sushi dinner at Kurshiro. It. Was. HILARIOUS!!! There was a group of five 50+-year-olds who had had quite a bit to drink...they were trashed. I tried so hard to take a video but it's just too shaky to really see the goodness. I mean, they were dancing with the servers and up against the bar...it was terrible. But, like a train wreck, we just couldn't look away. To end our dinner, the restaurant played Jump On It, where Erin decided she would get out of the booth and ride the pony. It got a lot of cheers, especially from our drunk friends. Oh, and Erin was stone cold sober...that's why I love her. We rode home singing loudly to 90's hits then parted ways with Kristie while Erin and Lauren spent the night again. Sunday morning we had a some delicious monkey bread together and spent the morning in our pj's waiting for our husbands to come home. It was a FANTASTIC weekend that I hope will soon be repeated!
Lauren singing her heart out
Saturday Breakfast
Although Chester is a blur...the boys had a slumber party with Erin's dog too.
Getting ready to paint
Our owls...

3 comments:

Lauren said...

So much fun! I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. So glad we were able to "share" so much this weekend! Love you girl!

Erin said...

Great recap, Jillian! It was wonderful and this time, I'm actually hoping the boys will go very soon so that we can do it again. =)

Pat said...

YAY for girl time!! Sounds like you all had a great time...so glad! I want to go paint next time I am there!!! But not an owl...