Monday, February 14, 2011

My Birthday Round 2...

On my actual birthday, Greg was VERY sick with a terrible stomach virus. So, it put a hitch in our plans for the day. He was pitiful and I hated to see him so miserable. We ended up spending about 4 hours in the doctor's office while he got two bags of IV fluids...no fun. Cindy was sweet and brought us some chicken soup, so at least I didn't have to cook =) Well, this Saturday we made everything up! We had dinner at one of my favorite restaurants, Flip and then went to a MarriedLife Live conference at Buckhead church. It was wonderful! The speakers were great. Even though there was nothing super new that we learned, it's always nice to have a little refresher course. The music was also phenomenal...one of the guys sang one of my favorite songs by Train- "If It's Love" and it was AWESOME! After the conference we went to grab dessert at the Cheesecake Factory to take home. After several minutes of going back and forth between my two favorite cheesecake choices, I finally picked on (banana cream..soo yummy), and went to the bathroom while Greg ordered our dessert. When we got home I saw that there were 3 pieces of cheesecake! He got both of my favorite choices since I had such a hard time deciding (and I wonder why I've gained so much weight)! So sweet =) We watched a cute movie while enjoying some of our dessert. For gifts, Greg got me new bedding for our bed which I DESPERATELY wanted and a Polar Fitness watch, which is SAWEET!!! It was a fantastic night, and a great way to celebrate my birthday! I loved every minute!

4 comments:

Caroline @ The Feminist Housewife said...

Aww! Sounds like a wonderful birthday re-do!

Are you sure that's why you've been gaining weight..? ; )

Jillian said...

LOL Yes Caroline...eating like a fatty has caused me to pack on the pounds...not anything that calls for winking lol. However, I wish I had an excuse =)

Lauren said...

Yay! A watch! We can count our calories together now! :)

Amanda said...

Awww sounds like you had a really nice "make up" birthday. :) Sounds like life is pretty good down there. Miss you.