Last Saturday I had the day that I have been waiting YEARS for...to REALLY feel like an aunt! I got the awesome opportunity to pick up my niece Katie Anne and have a fun morning out with her just the two of us, then take her to our house to hang out with me and Greg. This day was so special to me because I have wanted this for so long! I was exceptionally close to my aunt Karen and ever since the day I found out I was going to be an aunt, I have looked forward to having days like this. I love each of my nieces and nephews, but KA is at an age where she really wants to spend time with us and I love it. We had a great time going to see Gnomeo and Juliet at the theater in the morning. The movie was in 3D and KA kept say "WOAH! Things are coming at my face!" haha. After the movie, we picked up some lunch and headed home. We took a little afternoon rest together because the Barton girls were coming over in the evening and we had a fun evening planned. My favorite part of the day was when we were laying down and KA said, "Jillian, this is a special day and I love you"...OMG...she probably could've asked for anything on the planet and I would've said yes. Later in the afternoon, Karis and Laurel joined the fun (which will be my next post) and we had a wonderful night with 3 crazy girls. At bed time, we went separate ways and Greg took KA home while I took the girls home. What a fun day, full of wonderful memories!
Katie Anne with her 3D glasses on =)
3 comments:
This is precious! KA warms my heart!
Wish you were closer....
Cute! It sounds like you're doing really well. :)
Post a Comment