Monday, May 2, 2011

12 weeks...



....Erin, this is for you =)

How Far Along: 12 weeks

Size of baby: a plum =)


Total Weight Gain/Loss:I've decided it's best not to know =) I snuck out of the doctor's office at my last appointment so that I wouldn't have to be weighed...HAH! Then, of course, they will weigh me next week and say "woah fatty, slow it down" (even though the weight they will be looking at is from 9 weeks ago).

Maternity Clothes: Are amazing. And I will wear them after the baby is born with no shame because I don't know if I can ever go back to buttoning a pair of pants...these are just too dang comfortable.

Gender: either a boy/girl =)

Movement: Nothing yet

What I miss: Here's the deal- one of my biggest pet peeves in life is when a pregnant woman complains...I literally cannot stand it. This is such an incredible blessing that so many women never have the gift of experiencing and I think it is SO selfish of anyone to complain about such ridiculous things while pregnant...HOWEVER, with that being said, this will be just one of the many things I put my foot in my mouth on and have to eat my words because even at just the beginning I have a laundry list of things I miss. The top 3 are:

1) Normal sleep--tossing and turning ALL night and getting up to pee a countless times SUCKS
2) Caffeine- Ooooh how I long for my morning Tervis Tumbler of coffee. And yes, I know "You can still have 8oz", but this is my first pregnancy, so naturally I'm a freak about everything. So, no coffee for me. However, when I'm feeling like living on the dangerous side, I sneak a cup of sweet tea, then feel incredibly guilty about it and worry that our kid is going to be a nutcase.
3) Subs- I have craved a COLD sub since the day I found out I was pregnant. Now, I'm thinking it's just one of those things where since you say I can't have it I want it more, but I REALLY want one and have already planned this as my first post-baby meal.

Sleep: Please see above.

Symptoms: Compared to some of my friends, I've had it pretty easy (knock on wood)! I've gotten sick a few times and been nauseous a lot, but it could certainly be worse. I've found that as long as I'm eating I'm not nauseous...so I eat all the time and will surely pay for it in the end =)

Cravings: Initially I craved fruit and was so proud of myself for eating so healthy (fruits, green smoothies, veggies)...now grapes smell like someone has bathed them in tabasco sauce so I will not eat them. However, my current cravings have been equally as healthy...pizza and potato chips. Don't worry, I don't indulge these cravings as often as I did the fruit.

Best Moment this week: Greg having a come to Jesus meeting with me about me getting down about my weight...he seriously is the BEST husband in the world! And my friend Jill's wedding shower (and wedding later this week)!

What we are looking forward to: Going to St. Simons for my best friend's wedding and having another Dr. appt on Monday where we get to hear the heartbeat again! Such a cool thing! AND being over my first trimester on Sunday!! Woohoo!

12 Week Picture:


6 comments:

Pat said...

Awwww... go ahead and complain a bit...but just a bit!! LOL!! You are going to be an awesome MOM!!! Love you!!!

Katie Jones said...

Super-cute 12 week picture! And now I am wondering, "How much did I complain in front of Jillian? Am I the source of her vitriol? Ahhh!"

Trisha Jones said...

This is just so unreal! I think it's great that you're complaining a little bit--I mean, you'll never have a more perfect excuse to complain about anything right? I love your 12 week picture!

Lauren said...

Cute picture!! Miss you!

cindy glawson said...

Great picture! You look beautiful. I hope you repeat this post a little later and see how all of this changes as the baby grows!

Kristin said...

Yay! So exciting! I hope you guys are going to the Nweds graduation so I can see that tiny bump in person :)