Saturday, May 14, 2011

Getting Ready and the WEDDING DAY!!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
This free slideshow personalized with Smilebox

Friday was the big day! All the girls went to go get their nails done on Thursday, which was a good thing, because we spent 4 hours at the hair salon on Friday morning. It had been raining all morning, so we were nervous about the outside wedding, but it didn't get us down! Everyone, including the bride, was calm, cool, and collected all day! We all had so much fun just hanging out at the salon together, waiting to get our hair done. Greg got into town around 1, so he ended up hanging out with us for a while and it ended up being just me, him, and Jill while the stylists finished mine and Jill's hair and make-up. I'm pretty sure as much as the stylists kept complementing my husband, if I would have walked out for a minute she would've tried to steal him...back off woman, he's mine! However, he is super sweet and handsome so I don't blame them =) After getting dolled up, we went to the Veach beach house to finish getting ready and to have some pictures taken by Jill's dad. The afternoon flew by and before we knew it we were at the lighthouse waiting for the wedding to start! Because of all the rain earlier in the day, the ceremony couldn't be on the beach because of big trench of water at the bottom of the steps, so it was held on the grass behind the gazebo, overlooking the ocean...it was beautiful! It was finally time for the wedding to start and we were all excited! Jill looked stunning and Tyler looked so handsome! The ceremony went by so quickly and then the bridal party took some pictures while the guests had a cocktail hour with the steel drummer. When it was time for us to be introduced, Jill and Tyler told us to get jiggy with it because they picked out individual songs for each bridesmaid and groomsmen pair walking in. However, mine and Carlos' song didn't switch over in time, so I'm not sure what it was supposed to be. Jessica and Todd danced in to "Baby Got Back" which the did a great job at, Brandon and Breanna danced their heart out to "What time is it?(Summertime)" from High School Musical...it was hilarious, Rhett and Jackie came in to "Stanky Leg" which they full out danced to, and I don't remember the other songs! After we all ate the delicious food, the bride and groom had their first dance to (I think) a Kenny Chesney song. Then it was the Father-Daughter dance where they danced to "Georgia on My Mind" which was so sweet because Jill's parents live in Michigan. The Mother-Son dance was also a tear-jerker but I didn't know the song. The reception was a BLAST!! Seriously, one of the most fun weddings I've ever been to...AND I was sober haha! After a fun-filled night of dancing and cake, we all said goodbye to the newlyweds and then Greg and I went back to the condo to crash! It had a been a very long, very fun day and I was beat!! I am so very excited for Jill and Tyler! They are such a cute couple and I can't wait to watch their relationship grow even more now that they get to experience the awesomeness of marriage!

1 comment:

Pat said...

WONDERFUL pictures!!! Beautiful wedding...GORGEOUS bride and bridesmaids! :)