Saturday, August 27, 2011

Katie Anne's First Soccer Game...

This past Tuesday was our niece's first soccer game. It was so cute watching her out there! I just love seeing tiny people in sports uniforms, it's just adorable! It was a pretty hot afternoon, so I give them all props for being able to run around in that heat for an hour! I was tired just sitting in my chair (however, it doesn't take much for me to be tired these days lol). We were so proud of Katie Anne for trying so hard and doing such a great job! I bet we'll be watching her play sports for years to come =)
Playing like a pro!
Poor SJ wanted to play so badly!! He was a great cheerleader for his big sister!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Jillian,
You are going to do great! You have no reason to worry about having to wait for a room! First of all they always give rooms out by priority of need- meaning if you come in in active labor you and there is someone else who's there for an induction or is there because they think their water broke but aren't sure etc, you are going to get a room first. They always have at least 1 empty room "just in case" someone walks in the door almost ready to deliver or really active. They're not going to let someone sit out in the waiting room to deliver a baby! Second of all, in a month or two everything slows down a little bit- meaning there are less women having babies (for whatever reason June, July, and August are always the busiest summer months) AND there are more nurses working because summer vacations are over. So please please please don't worry about "not getting a room" There's always space! We have yet to have someone to deliver in the waiting room or in a closet :)

I'm sure you've had lots of advice about labor so I won't bore you. If you are really desiring to go natural I think it is good to take a natural childbirth class (not a hospital one...) and the KEY I tell everyone is to STAY HOME! (as long as there is not a medical reason to be at the hospital earlier) Right or wrong, once you get to the hospital you are subject to certain policies and procedures and timelines. And I know its hard with your first baby to know when to come in, but a class with help you discern that and I also always tell people not to worry- you are not going to deliver your first baby at home or on the way. Remember labor (especially with your first) is a LONG process. And they don't just fall out on their own (at least the first ones)

If you have more specific questions feel free to email me. jenleckbowen@gmail.com