Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Our Hospital Stay...

We made it to our recovery room around 9ish and had nurses with us until around midnight. At that point we had been awake almost 40 straight hours and were e.x.h.a.u.s.t.e.d! Caroline's temperature was low, so they had to keep coming to check her and finally take her to put her under a warming lamp, so that postponed nursing a bit which I was really worried about, but luckily she's a great eater so the delay didn't seem to impact her. The first night was great! We stayed up for a little bit longer just looking at her and talking about how perfect we think she is...typical new parent stuff. She barely made a peep and we were both so tired that we both actually fell asleep. I was so paranoid though that she would stop breathing for some reason so I kept waking up to look at her and make sure she was breathing haha. Monday we enjoyed visits from our family and a few friends. We really appreciated our parents bringing food because the hospital food was pretty bad and that way Greg could have something other than McDonald's. Monday night was a little bit more difficult than the previous night, as Caroline decided that would be a good time to party, but considering she only cried on and off for a couple of hours and the baby next door screamed all.night.long...I'd say we still had it pretty easy! Tuesday morning our nurse came in to tell us that we would be getting to go home as soon as Caroline's jaundice results were back. We were so excited to be getting to go home! Even though she did have jaundice, it wasn't bad enough to keep her, so around 2pm we packed up and headed home! The nurses at Northside were AMAZING and we really appreciated all there help, but we were so glad to be getting things started "for real."

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
This picture slideshow customized with Smilebox

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad Kari and I were both able to be be there for her birth. Wouldn't miss for the world. Love ya mean it.