Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Through sickness and in health...

What...a...day!!! After a night of worry and no sleep followed by a day filled with more worry/concern and care...I am exhausted. Greg is so sick with a bad stomach flu...boo! I was up all night with him and his violent chills (which scared the crap out of me) and have spent the day doing my best to take care of him, although the remaining fever, body aches, and migraine prove my attempts to be fruitless. I really hate it when he is sick! It drives me crazy to not be able to take care of it right way and make everything better...and he is REALLY sick! But he is asleep now and I am about to hit the sack as well (in the guest bedroom!). But I wanted to make a post because today is our 3 year anniversary! And this anniversary has proved that it won't always be happy and fun! Sometimes there will be sad or bad times...but I've realized that it's the harder times (or in this case, more sick times) when we need each other the very most! We have had such an amazing three years together! And this year was extra special because so many new and life-changing events have happened! We've gotten engaged (a little over a year ago), spent the year wedding planning, bought our very first house, gotten a dog together...These are monumental events for us! We have been so incredibly blessed and I have no idea why, but I do thank God everyday for putting Greg into my life and for looking out for the two of us the way He has. In 25 days I will be his wife and I cannot wait! I cannot explain how much I look forward to sharing the rest of my life with him! But anyway, enough mushy gushy stuff! Please please please keep Greg in your thoughts and prayers that he gets better soon!! We are going to NC this weekend for marriage counseling and our marriage license and I desperately hope he is feeling better by then! I hope everyone stays healthy this week =) Goodnight!

The Proposal =)


The first day we got Jackson


The first day we bought our house

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sweet story! Little Jackson looks so small in the picture! Thanks for taking such good care of Greg while he was so sick. I am sooooo glad he is better.

Caroline @ The Feminist Housewife said...

I totally understand!!! jackson is so precious! I hope everything is going well. The big day is coming up!!!