Saturday, June 6, 2009

Candy Jar...

Another project on The Idea Room blog was this etched glass project. I thought this would make a great gift idea, so that's what the one I made is for. I found a plain glass candy jar and I spruced it up! It was soo easy and I can't wait to make some for our house! Or, perhaps on the big glass jars from my wedding, I can etch "crayons," "pencils," etc on them and put them in my future classroom. I also love the idea on the blog where she etched a pyrex dish! Anyhoo...here are some pics of the jar!

Before...








After...(without the truffles added in it)

6 comments:

Trisha Jones said...

ooo, it's so pretty! i've seen bloggers talk about this before and have made my own grand plans of doing this.

was it messy?

what a great way to decorate like that, or lay claim to your casserole dishes!

Trisha Jones said...

p.s. do you know if this stuff works on a acrylic too? and, how much did the supplies cost you at the craft store?

Pat said...

Sooo pretty!!! I hope you got an H for me!!!! and truffles would be good too!

Trip said...

When did my Pal become so crafty....I mean artsy-fartsy...I mean talented like her old man....yeah, that's the ticket! I am impressed, very impressed. Don't when you have time to do these things but that is gorgeous...and would look so good in our house (hint, hint). Great work, Pal!

cindy glawson said...

Very nice. I love it! Who gets the "S"?

Caroline @ The Feminist Housewife said...

super cute idea! I'm glad you shared it!