Saturday, October 17, 2009

Early Anniversary Surprise...

A few weeks ago we made a promise that we would NOT get each other anniversary gifts, the cruise was a gift for the both of us. However, I still wanted to get him a little something because after all, he planned the cruise! So, apparently, for your first anniversary you're supposed to give paper but I couldn't think of a book Greg wants so I bought him Season 2 of "Dexter" (this crazy show that we've become absolutely addicted too). So when Greg came in from mowing the grass I add a surprise bag for him said that since we promised not to give anniversary gifts, I wanted to give him a "just because" present. He was very happy because he really wanted this Season! After a few minutes he says, "So, I guess I should give you the gift I got for you too?" LOL! We are both TERRIBLE at surprises! But anyway...here are a few pics from the exchange...

Greg with his new Dexter Season 2 DVD


Me after I opened my eyes (he made me close them and hold out my hands)


Opening the surprise...


SURPRISE!!! Beautiful diamond earrings to go with the diamond necklace he gave me on our wedding day!!


Is he not INCREDIBLE!!! And yes, I did feel like crap because his gift was 100000x better but I'm used to that by now lol! I am so lucky and blessed to have such an awesome husband!!! (however, gifts are not what makes him awesome....he just is)

Tomorrow we will be leaving for our anniversary cruise! We CANNOT WAIT!!! I won't have a chance to blog until we get back, so be on the look out for picture overload next weekend!!

5 comments:

Pat said...

OH MY GOSH!!! WHAT a HUSBAND YOU HAVE!!!! You are very blessed to have someone that loves you so much! You both take such good care of each other!! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! We love you both very much!!!

Caroline @ The Feminist Housewife said...

We LOVE Dexter!!! AHHH...Michael C. Hall is my fantasy...hahaha.

Hope you have a great cruise!

Kristin said...

Haha that's awesome! Dexter is a show that we love... but we don't say that to everyone since it's a little twisted :) It's one of those shows you don't know why you love so much, but you do!

Have a wonderful cruise! Can't wait to see pictures!

Katie Jones said...

Wow - I just threw up a little bit in my mouth over here. Not the flu- just total jealousy. Why don't you two ever buy us surprises? Or take us on cruises? Guess we'll just keep dreaming... :)

leah said...

oh my goodness how sweet!! I hope you guys have a wonderful trip!! Happy Anniversary!!