Sunday, October 4, 2009

Our new favorite restaurant...



Last night while driving around Barrett trying to decide where we wanted to eat, Greg turned around and hopped on 75-S and said he had decided where we were going and I would find out when I got there. We have been wanting to try Chow Baby for a long time now and just never got around to it, but man were we missing out! It is AWESOME! It's a stir-fry bar and when you are seated you are given a small paddle to write your name on and you take it up to the bar and take a black bowl and fill it with either noodles or rice and all the veggies and sauce you want. They have all the nutritional info. for the sauces on a wall, which I LOVED! Then you get a red bowl and fill it with all the meat you want (chicken, beef, calamari, tilapia, and scallops) and whatever spices you want, then they have these colored sticks that you stick in your bowl if you want a wrap made out of your creation, or soup, or bread, or if you want them to add shrimp, etc...then you place your paddle in your bowl and your bowls on the counter and go back to your table. They cook up your creation then bring it to you. It was SOOO yummy! I want to go back and re-create mine, but maybe a bit less spicy...it took my head off! I got brown rice, bean sprouts, cabbage, bamboo shoots, mushrooms, broccoli, peas, eggplant, garlic, chicken, scallops, and calamari with kungpao sauce and teryaki sauce and a comination of spices (obviously too hot lol). Greg's was similar minus some of the veggies and he got noodles instead of rice and chicken and beef instead of seafood. I didn't have my camera with me but Greg took some with his iPhone but it was kind of dark in there so they didn't turn out great...

Me with my Coco-Pina Margarita...it was worth the empty calories...MMmm


Me looking like a hot mess with my yummy meal


Greg with his creation...


Greg's plate afterward...it was good =)


Needless to say, we will definitely be going back!!!





6 comments:

Pat said...

YUM!!! Can't wait to go there with you!!!!

GTG said...

Lo Mein Noodles
Carrots
Corn
Green Beans
Cilanto + Basil
Red Peppers
Lite Soy / Kung Pao and Teryaki Sauces
Chicken (meat)
Cajun + Red Pepper Flakes + Chinese 5-Spice
= Best combination

cindy glawson said...

Looks so good! We will defiantly give it a try, to. Chow Baby!

leah said...

looks delicious!! Kyle and I are going to HAVE to try this!!

Katie Jones said...

Chow Baby! Sounds so yummy. I would be nervous about doing my own spices, though. We'll have to try it!

Kristin said...

YAY you finally tried it!! It's our favorite!