For Christmas one of Greg's gifts for me was to take me to Gatlinburg for the weekend. It also happened to be his birthday weekend, so we got to celebrate that as well! The weekend was awesome and much needed! You might think that since it's just the two of us, we see each other all the time and have nothing but time on our hands, so why would we need a weekend away?! Oh how wrong you would be! Our schedules are hectic and always jam packed (we're working on this), so a weekend away, just the two of us with no schedules or commitments is just what the doctor ordered =) We arrived at the cabin late Friday, but not too late to play a few rounds of pool and watch a movie! The cabin was adorable and absolutely perfect for us!



On Saturday morning, Greg made a big, delicious breakfast/brunch for us of waffles, eggs, and bacon. Yum!
We lazed around for a bit before venturing out to downtown Gatlinburg. The roads were still very icy, so I had to make a promise that I wouldn't scream if we slid a little going down the ridiculously steep mountain...fortunately, I never had to prove that I kept that promise, however, there were a few times we were afraid we weren't going to make it back up! After an afternoon of walking around, we headed back to the cabin for a nap before dinner. Since this weekend was Greg's birthday, I did a bit of research and decided to find a restaurant to take him out to on Saturday night. The Peddler Steakhouse had some of the best reviews, so that was where we went. It was a fantastic dinner and the steak was wonderful, but the desserts were where it was at....MMmmm the bread pudding was SO good!(We just had the cell phone for pics...so ignore the quality!)


After stuffing ourselves, we went back to the cabin for some wine, movies, and a rousing game of Scrabble (we're old).Winner, winner! (note the intensity)
We were so sad to leave such a relaxing weekend behind! Before heading home, we made sure to stop by the Donut Friar to get a special birthday breakfast for the birthday boy!
It was so wonderful and I hope we make this trip an annual tradition. We headed home to pick up our pups (which Greg's parents graciously kept) and then spent the night celebrating Greg's 26th birthday (post to come). I am so thankful for such a sweet, thoughtful husband to plan just a great weekend! Can't wait for our next vacation =)
3 comments:
You both are very blessed!
Looks like y'all had such a wonderful time :) I LOVE little getaways with Tyler. Being married is the best and little trips like that are one of the amazing perks!
I love the cabin! Hey, Scrabble sounds nice to me. ;) What a great Christmas present for you and birthday weekend for Greg. It looks like you had a really nice, relaxing weekend!
Post a Comment