Saturday, May 28, 2011

16 weeks...

How Far Along: 16 weeks

Size of baby: an avocado=)


Total Weight Gain/Loss: Well, I wasn't able to escape the scale this month. The nurse said "it seems like we forgot to check your weight last time you were here, so let's start at the scale"...lame. Anyway, at that time it was only a 4lb gain...not too shabby! However, this was also a few weeks ago before I started eating like a sumo wrestler, so we'll see how that number changes in a few weeks!

Maternity Clothes: Are amazing. And I will wear them after the baby is born with no shame because I don't know if I can ever go back to buttoning a pair of pants...these are just too dang comfortable.

Gender: We find out 3 weeks from today!!! Our gender ultrasound is on June 16th, but we are going to ask them to put the results in an envelope and we are going to open it on Father's Day! We CANNOT wait and are both counting down the days!!

Movement: I'm not sure. I felt a flutter on Wednesday, but I wasn't 100% convinced that was the baby, so once I start feeling him/her more I will know if that was what I really felt.

What I miss: Two of these have stayed the same...

1) Normal sleep--tossing and turning ALL night and getting up to pee a countless times SUCKS
2) Caffeine- Ooooh how I long for my morning Tervis Tumbler of coffee. And yes, I know "You can still have 8oz", but this is my first pregnancy, so naturally I'm a freak about everything. So, no coffee for me. However, when I'm feeling like living on the dangerous side, I sneak a cup of sweet tea, then feel incredibly guilty about it and worry that our kid is going to be a nutcase.


Sleep: It's not great....as I sit here on a Sunday morning awake at 6am after falling asleep around 12:30 am and tossing and turning and peeing all night, however, it is better than it was last month. Baby steps.

Symptoms: I'm starting to get heartburn a lot more often, but hooray for no more throwing up!! I get out of breath and a bit dizzy a lot...which does wonders for not making me feel like a total fatty, but it's supposedly normal so I'm not going to worry about it. The beauty of round ligament pain has started...that's a blast! And to complain just a tiny bit more, my back is still hurting quite a bit, however my prenatal massage is in the morning!!

Cravings: Well, I'm happy to say my fruit cravings have come back. The problem is I eat incredible quantities of fruit...hence the entire canteloupe I ate the other night. After dinner. Embarrassing. I've also learned my lesson from eating too many grapes and too much watermelon! Along with my fruit craving I have been feening for italian food. Specifically a stromboli/calzone from Johnny's pizza. Mmmmm. I will admit, last week my appetite increased SIGNIFICANTLY and I literally could put a truck driver to shame. So hopefully that calms down soon so I do not end up 600lbs!

Best Moment this week: Greg surprising me with tickets to Wicked!!

What we are looking forward to: Finding out what we are having in just a few weeks!! We also can't wait to start working on the nursery soon!! So much exciting stuff in store =) Oh and my prenatal massage that is schedule for tomorrow!

16 Week Picture:


3 comments:

Kristin said...

Love it! I want to see a bump picture! I'm sad we didn't get to see you at the Nweds reunion. Steph was telling me about book club yesterday, so when y'all set a date, I'm HOPING to make it to the next one to see all of your pretty faces :)

Pat said...

My Babygirl...I can hardly believe you will soon be a Mommy yourself!! Seems like yesterday you were telling your brother "you're not the boss of me!"..LOL..
Pregnancy..enjoy and take LOTS of pictures, even if and when YOU think you look like a whale..you DON'T.. and you will want those pictures when your babies are all grown up!!
..the flutter you felt was probably the baby, felt funny didn't it? Just wait!...this is the most incredible experience you will ever have!..and as you know..you are loved!

cindy glawson said...

Cute, cute picture!