Sunday, June 5, 2011

Great Date Weekend...

We've had such a wonderful weekend together =) Very rarely are we plan-free two weekends in a row!! But man have we enjoyed it!! Friday night we started our weekend off with dinner at Rafferty's and going to see Hangover 2. It was so funny, but we didn't think it was as good as the first. We love going on dinner and movie dates together because it reminds us so much of our actual dating years, Greg even asked if I wanted him to drive me to Rome just for memory sake haha. People keep saying "enjoy the dates now, because you won't have time when you have kids..."Well I've got news for those people, WE WILL MAKE TIME! Will the dates be as frequent or as elaborate? Maybe, maybe not, but it is SO important to us to take time just for US. Our marriage will always come first, and date nights and weekends away are the some of the best ways to maintain that unity. Anyway...off that soapbox. It just kills me when people say that lol. Anyhoo...Saturday we had a super fun date too! Our local park hosts free outdoor movies in the summer, so we packed up a delicious picnic and the pups, and headed over to watch one of our favorite movies, "Despicable Me." We got there SUPER early, because I remember how crowded it got last year, but we were there a good 3 hours before the movie started! We did get a great spot though =) After we left though, I was glad of our early arrival because it was PACKED! So, for the first 3 hours we just enjoyed each other's company and ate our yummy (not so healthy) picnic. We picked up chicken plates from Publix and brought along some fruit and s'mores bars that Greg made. The dogs enjoyed being out and about, but got a bit nervous when the crowd started growing. Once the sun went down the weather was so nice! It was such a neat way to spend a summer night and we will definitely be doing this again!!

The happy pups
Our basket of goodies
Chance =)
Finally the movie starts!

2 comments:

cindy glawson said...

Looks like fun! I love that pink and yellow blanket.:) Yes, you will have plenty of "date nights" because I think there are already folks lining up to keep that sweet baby!

Pat said...

Looks like fun!! And yes...your marriage comes first!! Those babies will grow up and have families of there own...as it should be! So make time for those date nights and weekends away! As you remember...your Dad and I did!!