Saturday, June 25, 2011
Just a good day...
This weekend my parents are supposed to be in town, but sadly my mom has been sick so they weren't able to make the trip. However, our weekend has still been fun! Friday we went to Babies-R-Us to register, which was lots of fun, but exhausting!! Since my parents were coming, we were planning on a big meal and Greg was going to use the Big Green Egg for the first time, so when we found out they weren't coming, we thought we were stuck with a huge brisket! But he decided to make it anyway and I'm so glad he did...it was delicious! He got up at 1am to put in on the smoker, then got up every 2 hours to check on it! I told him this was good practice for the Fall =) While he stayed home and tended the meat, I went shopping with my best friend Jill at the Dawsonville Outlets. I brought home lots of goodies, but I of course couldn't resist picking up a few things for Caroline! My thoughts are...if I'm having a girl, she's basically a real-life baby doll so I will dress her up all the time, so the more clothes the merrier! PLUS with deals this good, I simply cannot pass them up! Now let's just hope she's in the 6-9 month clothes range next Spring/Summer =)
After an afternoon of shopping, I was pooped! I came home to find a clean house and sweet man to take the credit! I took a nap because I'm lazy, and simply love sleeping and then came downstairs to keep Greg company while he finished up our amazing dinner. The brisket turned out wonderfully, the twice baked potatoes from Leah's blog were phenomenal, and the grilled veggies were delicious too! I have to say, Greg has done a lot more cooking lately and I've certainly enjoyed it... the scale proves it =) Super super Saturday if I do say so myself!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You ate my dinner....wow.
Post a Comment