Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Christmas with Karis...



Today was the last time I would see Karis (the little girl I nanny) until after Christmas, so I brought her presents for her to open. I gave her the outfit she is wearing (she insisted on putting it on right away)and a giant coloring book and tiny markers. She's really into coloring lately so I thought this would be a fun gift for her and she seemed to love it! It was such fun seeing her get excited about opening the gifts and then immediately wanting to put them to use! We had lots of fun coloring and showing off her skills! She would color and then say "Look at me JooJoo (apparently, that's my name with the short crowd lol), look at me!!!"...so cute!! After a little coloring, we went to library time which was fun. It was the last one until mid-January and there were lots of kids there, which I love! I love to see how everyone has grown since the summer and to watch the kids really start to get involved! It always amazes me to watch Karis do the steps and sing along with all of the songs and rhymes, 1) because it's crazy that she remembers the words (these aren't songs we normally sing) and 2) because I feel like she should still be crawling, not running around and actually singing all the words to songs and telling me "NO WAY JooJoo!" when I ask her to do something...haha! But it's days like today that make me realize how awesome my job is and how lucky I am to be able to work with the Bartons! I LOVE Karis and I cannot wait for Baby Barton #2 (the sex and name are still secret to some) to get here so I can love them just as much! Angie and Justin are pretty cool too...since they had the kids hehe!! I'll probably go into some sort of depression when I have to stop keeping her and actually begin my career...how sad lol!! But hopefully not too long after that I'll have my own...and then I can color all that I want haha! After library time, we ran by Michael's the get some craft stuff so that we could make a fun ornament for her mom and dad! She was getting really tired so I was worried she wouldn't be in the mood to participate and I wouldn't get it done before Angie got home, but she stayed awake and made her cute little reindeer ornament! It was SUPER easy and it looks really cute (even if we forgot the ears)! But I love crafts like these because it's a way save those tiny hand and footprints! Plus, half the fun of having kids is getting to save all of their cute little artwork! But anyhoo, here are some pictures of Karis putting her ornament together!

The concentration begins...


Glueing is serious business


Choose a nose!


Admiring her work!


"Look at me JooJoo!"


Oh what a feelin'!


And now back to more important things...

2 comments:

Pat said...

What a cutie she is!! You really lucked out when you found this family....but they lucked out too!!

cindy glawson said...

My goodness, that Karis has really grown. She looks so sweet in her new Christmas outfit. Good job.