Monday, December 15, 2008

N-Weds Christmas Party...



Last night was our N-Weds Christmas party which was held at one of our couples' house. They actually live in a neighborhood we had looked at when we were house-hunting, but it is so far away from Greg's work we didn't pursue it. But it's a great neighborhood with tons of cute houses! There were about 34 people there and several new couples which was nice! I'm looking forward to making new friendships with the new people! Although, I was pretty doped up on cold meds, so they may think I was just some crazy girl that some poor guy felt sorry for and had to marry...haha! We had tons of delicious food, which we all joked about finally getting to use our wedding gift cookware and serving dishes! After we all ate and talked for a while, we played "Dirty Santa" with Christmas ornaments. It was a ton of fun, even though every time Greg and I got an ornament, people would always steal it (what can I say, we know good wrapping when we see it)! Eventually, we got to keep an ornament which we were both happy with, it was a heavy, amber colored glass ball which goes fairly well with the rest of our tree's color scheme! After the game, we all listened to Greg (the leader) read the Christmas story from Luke 2 and did a quick lesson on the real reason for Christmas and how this is the time of year we generally focus on how unimaginably great God's love for us his. Afterwards, we wrapped up with praying over a couple that is getting married this weekend and then heading home! It was a great time and I look forward to starting back with everyone in January. Luckily we get to see a few couples on Thursday for another bowling night! Can't wait!

One of the new couples that we really hit it off with, Stephanie and Randy (she's an early childhood major, he's in IT...lol)


Our table mates...the couple on the left is getting married this weekend, the one on the right was new!


About to start the ornament mayhem!


Kristin (the declared Queen of Christmas =)) is probably laughing at someone who thinks their ornament is safe...no one is safe in this game...lol


Greg reading the Christmas story...well, right before. Apparently something was hilarious based on Barbara and Brandi's faces!


***On a side note, my oh so helpful hubby just fixed my blog settings so that I can finally see the pics I post!! Before, I could only upload them in text...which made NaBloPoMo a pain!...thanks Gregory =)

2 comments:

Pat said...

SOOO glad ya'll found this church and this group!! Sounds like such fun!!

Kristin said...

Awww this is fun! I didn't take any pics that night, but I'm so glad you did!! It was good to see you guys 2 weeks in a row :)