As I mentioned in my smilebox, Greg's parents gave me a sewing machine for Christmas and Katie and Saunders gave me an awesome sewing tool kit with several cute fabrics! I have never sewn with a sewing machine before and am going to need lots of lessons from Katie! However, I decided I would try it out on my own first. Someone had posted the measurements for this purse online and I thought it looked easy enough! So...2 hours later, here is my first sewing creation! It's far from perfect and I wasn't quite sure how to end the straps, but I did it nonetheless! I hope to be making pillow case dresses soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
WOW!! Mammie would be proud! I am impressed! Now, you can make ME one!!!! YAY!!! And Kari, and Mammie, and Cindy, and Katie...Purses for ALL of us!!!
I LOVE IT! You did a great job and yes I want one too.
It looks great! You've gone a long way from sewing the one line when I talked to you earlier! I need to branch out from making children's clothes and start making some stuff for myself... you'll have to give me the site where you got that. I love those two fabrics together, too.
Very good! I am proud of you:) I used the same paisley fabric for Ella's shopping cart cover (I didn't sew it, I sent the fabric off to be sewn)! Good luck with your other projects!
you got a sewing machine!!! Yeah!! I love your purse, we'll totally have to start a sewing club and teach eachother to do things!!
Post a Comment