Sunday, February 7, 2010

Birthday weekend...

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Bday weekend
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow



This weekend we ended the birthday celebrations with having my family come up to spend some time with us! Thursday night after my group meeting, I got a surprise at the door...MY BROTHER! I knew that my parents were coming up, but my brother and Kari and the kids came to surprise me! How fun! They stayed at Kari's sister's house while my parents stayed here. My mom and dad got into town around 2 on Friday and we just hung out until Greg got home. That night, they took us out to Henry's (yum) for my birthday dinner and then we came back to play the Wii! It was a great night out. Saturday morning (my actual bday), I woke up and made some delicious Monkey Bread for breakfast...oh so good. Greg slept in while my Dad and Andy went to Harry's Fresh Market to get groceries for the dinner Andy was planning on cooking for me. Me and mom headed over to spend some time with Kari and the kids and then Kristen took me and Kari out for lunch at a yummy Cuban restaurant in Atlanta. Saturday night Andy put his culinary skills to work and made us a FANTASTIC meal! Everything was SOOOO indescribably delicious! Even the menu makes my mouth water:

-Bone-in chicken stuffed with Shropshire cheddar, onions, apple, fennel, and garlic, wrapped in black forest, dry-rubbed bacon
-Ragu made with onion, apple, fennel, oregano, thyme, and sage (SOOOOO good)
- White cheddar and manchego risotto (phenomenal)
-Roasted asparagus and onions drizzled with a blood-orange balsamic vinagarette glaze
- Brioche rolls w/ extra love (aka a LOT of butter)!
-And for dessert..chocolate mud cake =)

So. stinkin. good. He went all out and I appreciated it SO much! After eating a sinful amount, we all played "Things" until almost 1 AM!!! I was EXHAUSTED (you all know I don't stay out late lol)! We has such an incredible time with everyone! It was so great visiting with everybody and I am looking forward to spending some more time with Kari and the kids this week!

Thank you to everyone for making this birthday so fantastic! I love you all =)

3 comments:

Caroline @ The Feminist Housewife said...

Happy Birthday!

Oh my goodness...I want the recipes! That sounds unbelievable!

cindy glawson said...

Looks like fun! Where was Kristin and Jim's girl?

Pat said...

UHmmm, you have had quite the birthday WEEK! You are right...the meal was OH SO GOOD! Love you very much!