Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Italy: Day 4...(PICS)

Well, we got the the tour station this morning ready to leave for florence and then realized... today we were going to Naples and Pompeii...THURSDAY is Florence! Oops! We had a great time visiting the ruins of Pompeii. It was incredible seeing all of the things restored and the remains of the buildings after such a tragic even but also just seeing things after ALL this time! It was really neat! We were not very impressed with Naples, it was very dirty and there wasn't much to see so we weren't upset that we only stayed for less than an hour. After the 3 hour bus ride back to Rome, we headed towards the Trevvi Fountain to get dinner and then go the Gelateria we really like. On our walk to the hotel we stopped in a really cute cafe for cappuchino's and to watch futbol (soccer) with the locals. Tomorrow we plan on sleeping in and having another fun day in Rome!
Me in front of some of the ruins

Greg with "New Pompeii" behind him

Us =)
Ruins with Mount Vesuvius behind it

5 comments:

cindy glawson said...

We are having a great time reading all about the trip! Sounds so interesting. Funny about mixing up the cities, nothing like a surprise. Dogs are doing great, running the Gentry's cats like crazy all day long.

Anonymous said...

Glad you had another good day. I can see how easy it would be to mix up cities/days, etc.

Chelsea said...

FRIN!!!! Looks like the 2 of you are having a great time! I hate not being able to call or text muh only frin, but I suppose you aren't missing me too much ...Lets be honest, I wouldn't be missing you if I was in Italy! HAHAHA jk. I love you! I added some crap to my blog since I have been so great at keeping it up HAHAHA and I did that album cover thign ...its GREAT hahahaha!

Katie Jones said...

It is great to get to read about what you're doing on the blog. I love all the pictures! So beautiful. Katie Anne loves seeing them, and she says, "Greg and Juju in Ita-wee," every time she sees them.

(And tell Greg the days of being known as "Dreg" or "Zweg" are over... she's mastered her G's since she's seen you last time.)

leah said...

I love the picture in your sunglasses together!