Today was our lazy day! We woke up at 7:30 to go eat breakfast in the hotel cafe and then went back to the room to sleep in. We woke up around noon and took showers and went to grab some lunch and the cute cafe we found last night. We both ordered pizza and I'm sure they thought we were fools because they brought us out two big pizzas lol! So we boxed some it up and took it back to the room. We walked around and window shopped some and then went back to the hotel to rest and watch TV/read. Then we went to see the capitol building but this crazy rain storm came and literally turned the city black in about 20mins....it was crazy! And in case you didn't know, in the recent years I have developed some sort of crazy phobia of storms so I of course began to panic and wanted to find shelter, so we went in to the same cafe we ate lunch in and had dinner. This turned out to be quite entertaining! There were about 10 Englishmen in there who came in right as we did. This one guy (the leader of the pack) who was 54 (we were told this repeatedly) talked to us the entire time we ate and bought us drinks haha! He was hilarious and I think he was permanently drunk lol...but very nice and funny! It's very interesting to hear what people from other countries think of Americans and what's going on with our economy! After chatting for a bit and letting the rain pass, we left and went to another cafe for dessert and coffee! Now we are back at the hotel, Greg is reading and I am blogging before bed. We have another early morning tomorrow because we are going to Florence (for real this time)! We are very excited about it and are glad that it is supposed to be nice weather! PS- My last post was my 100th post. Apparently when you have your 100th post you are supposed to write 100 interesting things about you...so when I get home I will try to do that (I'll break up into 25 things at a time like Leah did so ya don't get bored...and it will be about me AND Greg)....so be looking out for them =) However, I did 25 facts recently and I had a hard time coming up with 25....I dunno if I can think of 100!Me with the pizza not meant for one

Gregory with his caffelatte

all the sugar we needed to be able to drink our coffee =)...It's rather strong!

The sky when the crazy rain clouds were rolling in
7 comments:
Why don't you do 100 favorite things you about in Italy? You could do 25 favorite things you saw, 25 neatest things you did, 25 best foods you ate, and 25 favorite Italy pictures!
Also, I did not know about this, so I didn't do 100 things, I don't think. I'm coming up on my 300th post soon... think I should do 300 things about myself? :)
Whoa, "you about in Italy"?
The anesthesia must be going to my MIND... I'm getting all numb... :)
I do notice my toes having a weird, Benadine smell as I'm hunkered down typing... strange. Can't wash them for 24 hours, so that should be nice and ripe for work tomorrow. Be glad you're in another country right now!
Katie is so funny! I am so glad that you two had a down day to rest. I talked to Sandra Croft tonight and she said to give her a call if you want and she would like to tell you about some place she went to in Italy that was great. Have fun! We can't wait to see you both!
sooo glad ya'll are having fun! Love you!
Love reading your blogs ... the 54 year old sounds like a hoot !
I'm glad you guys are having fun, the pics look great and We can't wait to see you guys. Eva has a cold but is getting a little better, also I've been making an aloe poultice for eva's feet and legs they are actually healing quite nice, maybe just maybe her skin might get better and she will stop scratching. your loving bro
Looks like you guys had an AMAZING time!!! When Kyle and I went over to Germany the same thing happened to us with Pizza... we ordered 2 slices of pizza each and everyone looked at us like we were INSANE. Turns out one slice was half of a pizza!! haha can't wait to read your 100 posts!
Post a Comment