After this past semester of field experience, I realized that I really needed to start building my own classroom library. I checked out SOOO many books for my first grader this past semester and it would have been nice to have my own books to work with. This fall I will be completing a similar field experience but with an older student. So, I have recently began picking up books when I can find them from a thrift store on 92 or from Scholastic warehouse sales. I only buy book that are in really good or excellent condition and I try to get fairly familiar title and authors. I've gotten some great deals, but today was simply a STEAL!!! I bought 18 books (2 are for me to read) for $15.12! That's decent right? But wait until you see the retail value total of the books I bought today...
Bridge to Terabithia....RETAIL $6.99 ...Price Paid$0.99
Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star........6.95..............0.99
Angelina Ballerina................17.95...................1.91
Loon at Northwood Lake........16.95.................1.91
Yumion Goes to the City........14.95.................1.91
Lyle at the Office...................14.95................1.91
The Wartville Wizard............5.99.................0.99
Planets...................................4.99..................0.99
This is the Turkey....................6.95..................0.66
Lucky......................................11.95................1.91
Elmer and Friends...................9.95..................1.91
Santa and Me........................14.95................1.91
What Your First Grader
Needs to Know (I'm using this same book at the
Harts for Gracie's
summer lessons)..................12.95....................1.91
Possum Magic........................6.00....................0.99
Cannonball River Tales.......15.95...................1.91
Red Riding Hood..................12.95..................1.91
Hewitt Anderson's
Great Big Life....................16.95.....................1.91
Blackbeard the Pirate King.....16.95................1.91
TOTAL (drumroll please)
Retail .........
$215.27
Price Paid............
$28.53 + tax (1.71)= $30.24 + 50% OFF COUPON
= $15.12!!!
Is that not insane?! Like I said, I've gotten other great deals, but nothing like this! And if I end up teaching upper grades, I can use my lower level reads for my own children (because I have several k-2 levels, just not a ton in this purchase). Man oh man...I love a sweet deal!!
4 comments:
what a good feeling!! You go girl with all those savings!!
That's my girl!!! Yay for you!!! You are going to be such an awesome teacher!!!
Good for you!
Awesome!! Collecting books is a GREAT idea!
Post a Comment