Monday, September 14, 2009

Don't let the face fool you...

He may look sweet and innocent...


But you have no idea what he is capable of...





"I didn't do it"

**And this is only ONE toy....we find piles like this daily***

For about the past 2 or 3 months Chance has gotten into a stage where he eats all of his toys...literally...they are gone if we don't catch it fast enough! Over the past month we have gone through COUNTLESS toys, new and old, and we were down to just two and now after the above picture was taken...we are down to one toy, and he's hanging on by a thread. I would love to have an x-ray of Chance to see how much cotton is in his tiny body! We have tried to solve the issue and buy toys that we think he can't destroy, such as ridiculously thick rubber bones...that he chews in half the eats the tiny pieces, rope toys with tennis balls...that his gnaws in half and then eats the ball, rawhides are gone in a few short hours...there is no hope. However, I would MUCH rather him take out his aggression and chewing habits on his toys rather than the furniture or shoes...but it is sad that he is punishing Jack because he doesn't have any toys now either...sad. Anyway...if anyone know of any indestructible toys out there...let us know!!

5 comments:

Caroline @ The Feminist Housewife said...

Ana is the same way. Nothing makes her happier than de-stuffing a toy. We finally decided to only buy rawhide bones. She loves them, and there are no more mangled toys lying around.

Jessica said...

Hi - I just happened to click on your blog today by way of someone who was linked to Kristin Wyatt...I'm a friend of hers from college. I have a 61 lb mix breed dog and she does the exact same thing to all of her soft toys (and even some harder ones). She even chews the cover off of her tennis balls.

So far the only thing we have found that she has not destroyed is the original red Kong toys - I buy them at PetSmart. They come in several different sizes and the rubber is soft enough for them to squeeze it but durable enough not to be chewed up. And she thinks they're fun because they bounce around like crazy if she drops it, plus we can play fetch with it.

Katie Jones said...

I love the "I didn't do it" picture. That is so totally cute! What a face!

Ginger did the same thing, and I just bought in bulk at places like Big Lots and Tuesday Morning. We'd let her destroy a toy a day or so... we'd just give them to her in the evenings and watch her so she didn't eat all the cotton.

cindy glawson said...

I hope Chance grows out of this phase soon. As his Grandmother I wonder what it is doing to his insides. :O

Sara said...

hey jillian! thanks for commenting on my blog. :) so... small world: i've been clicking around here and realized i totally worked with your mom last year! crazy!!