Last night we went to see the musical, Spring Awakening at the Fox. Greg had given me tickets to the show for Christmas. It. was. AWESOME!!! I LOVED every second of it! However, the show is not for everyone, it is rather...blunt. The musical is set in Germany in the late 1800's and depicts several trouble teens who are learning about life on their own, despite the iron fists of their parents. It definitely has some very dark moments, and some moments that made some squirm in their chairs (two men kissing, for a looooong time, or two of the teens having sex...those kinds of things haha). Despite some of the uncomfortable (to some) moments, we thought it was fantastic. However, a couple that was near the very front apparently did not, so at intermission they came up the aisle to us and gave us their tickets so we got to move up very close to the stage...SWEEEET!!! I absolutely loved all of the music and will soon know every word to every song...that's a promise =) The show is very RENT-esque and that's probably why we enjoyed it so much, since that's our favorite! Since I got in trouble for having my camera out, I obviously did not get a picture of us there =) ***Let me preface this next part with the fact that we have been dieting all week to have this cheat day...and after last night, we probably had enough calories for the entire week. But trust me, we would and will do it again, because it was DELICIOUS and worth every bite!!!*** (This is a little backwards) Before the show we went to dinner at a new restaurant...
FLIP Burger Boutique. OMG...words cannot even describe how good these burgers were!! The owner of the restaurant is a past Top Chef winner, Richard Blais, and apparently it's not just his fame that attracts people to his restaurant...it's the fantastic food! We got there at 6pm and there was already a 30min wait, but it oh so worth it! I got the rBQ burger which was a beef patty, topped with pulled brisket, marinated in their rBQ sauce, topped with coleslaw, more rBQ sauce, and smoked mayo...typing about makes my mouth water. Greg got the bacon & cheese burger that was topped with onion, lettuce, tomato, house-made pickles, benton's bacon (they have someone who cuts and cures their own bacon), cheese, ketchup, and FLIP sauce. YUM! We got hand-cut fries and vodka battered onion rings as our sides and shared...so good. For dessert we each had one of their famous Liquid N2 milkshakes..I had the Nutella and Burnt Marshmallow and Greg had the Krispy Kreme... Man oh man...this place was soooo good! We WILL be going back. If you plan on visiting, I would go expecting a wait...also, despite there being kids there, I would say that it is not very kid-friendly. We kept saying how there was no way we would bring a young kid there, mainly because of the very tight quarters and the people with kids seemed VERY annoyed with the lack of space for a high chair, lack of space to walk around, noise level, etc. So, this would be a fun date night! It certainly was for us!!


What a FUN night... this was such an awesome gift =)
3 comments:
Sounds like you had a wonderful night!! I am so glad!! I can't wait to try FLIP!!! Next time we come!! OH...and I know you don't think so...but I just have to say.. YOU are GORGEOUS!!
Wow, those milk shakes look AMAZING! I want to try it!
I had not heard of this musical, I want to see it now!
Hi! I just came across your site randomly. As I was reading through I was thinking "Man, that sounds a lot like RENT" and then you said it! HA! I havent heard of this one, but when we make our way back to the states I'll have to look it up! I LOVE MUSICALS!
Hope you're having a great week!
-Amanda
Post a Comment