Everyone knows that I LOVE my job (if you can even call it a job). Karis and Laurel are so special to me and I just absolutely love these girls. Anyway, Karis is truly one of the funniest kids I know. She has such a wild imagination and is just always saying the funniest things which constantly cracks me up! I never really blog about anything she says because by the time I've told it to Greg and or her parents or anyone else, I feel like it's old news, or she's already said or done something even funnier. Today, however, she said something that I thought was funny and then I remembered a few other things from the past, so here are a few "Karis-isms"...
This afternoon (after watching Beauty and the Beast earlier this morning) we were playing in the basement, when Karis took her laptop (a little v-tech toy one) and here is the convo:
Karis: Excuse me while I go to work. I need to send an email real quick.
me: Oh, ok. And who are you sending an email to?
Karis: That girl, Blooty (beauty). I need to tell her how to get out of that castle and how to run away from the beast.
me: Do you mean Belle? The girl's name is 'Belle'.
Karis: (looking at me like I'm an idiot) Umm...Jill-li-lan, the movie is blooooty and the beast, can you say "bloooooty" (sounding it out very slowly for me)?
haha...this cracked me up!
Karis is learning how to appropriately express her emotions and how to communicate how or what she is feeling, so she often says "that makes me sad/angry/happy/etc". Well, the other day we were playing Candy Land and once she realized the 1) she was losing and 2) I had gotten to land on more cards with pictures (the gum-drop land, peppermint forest, etc) she stopped playing and said, "Hey! Look at my face! (and then made a very dramatic angry face)" and I said "Woah, I don't know if I like that face, that doesn't look very nice" she said " Well, it's a VERRY angry face!" Too cute!!
1 comment:
you are right...TOOO CUTE!! You are blessed!!!
Post a Comment