Sunday, January 4, 2009

Another sewing adventure...



Today I went to Katie's house for a sewing lesson on how to make these adorable pillowcase dresses! She was an EXCELLENT teacher and we had a lot of fun sewing and chatting! This was my first time making an actual outfit and although it took forever, the hard work paid off in the end, because now Katie Anne has a cute new dress! I plan on making several of these for my other niece Eva (these are better dresses for walkers...she's almost there) and Karis as well! They look SO cute on and I can't wait to see KA in it! I'm so glad Katie showed me how to make this...now I just have to hope that when I have kids, I have a girl because by that time I'll be AWESOME at it haha! Here are some more pics of the fun!

Sewing fun...


Hard at work...


But of course we have time for pictures!!


The master...

The grasshopper...


The finished product!

6 comments:

Pat said...

SOOOO cute!!!! Very pretty!! I guess it's easier to sew when you sew with somebody else!!! Ya'll should try a QUILT next!!! That would be AWESOME!!!

leah said...

those are adorable Jillian!!!

Trisha Jones said...

Way to go, Jillybean!!! (Haha!) These are adorable little dresses. I can't wait to see pictures of Eva in them!

Jillian said...

Thanks =)

cindy glawson said...

Really, really good work. I am so glad you like the sewing machine. In no time at all you will be a "sewing machine master". Next thing, you will probably make Greg a a suit.

Chelsea said...

DOMESTICATION ....woah, what am i getting myself into?!