Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Trick-or...



FINALLY!!! I have been wanting to go to the pumpkin patch near our house for weeks now! So today after work, Greg picked me up and took me to go get our pumpkins =)I saw this cute idea on marthastewart.com on making the pumpkin into a treat bowl..it was kind of a pain in the butt, however I do like the finished product! Greg is disgusted with pumpkin goo so it was my job to scrape it all out before I brought them inside for us to carve. Jackson LOVED the pumpkins because he looked at it like a buffet line! He kept eating the pieces I would carve out...gross! We cannot wait to have trick-or-treaters this year at our house! I LOVE LOVE LOVE seeing little kids get dressed up and so excited to get free candy from strangers haha! But seriously, I love holidays and this is our first semi-big one in our house =) Anyhoo...here are some more pics of tonight's adventures in pumpkin carving!


Greg and his pumpkin!










Me with the finished product


Jackson looking for another bite!

3 comments:

Jason, Erin, Ella, and Colin said...

I love the treat bowl idea!

Anonymous said...

That's so funny that Greg is grossed out by the pumpkin guts... they're Carlton's favorite part! This year, he scraped all the guts to the bottom of the pumpkin until all the sides were totally clean, and then dumped them all out at once with a "BLAAAAAAAHHHH!!!" sound effect.
Our jack-o-lanterns can't go outside until Halloween because they'll shrivel up and rot (boo, desert!) so when Halloween comes I'll post pictures of my very own Marth-inspired PUNKIN!
And, I've gotta say it again: I LOVE your hair! It's really pretty with your fall sweater!

cindy glawson said...

The treat bowl is so cute. Good idea and VERY crafty. Your hair does look terrific. :-)