Monday, October 27, 2008

Where did it go...


Well, wedding time has come and gone...for me at least! Chelsea just got engaged this past weekend and I'm very happy for her! However, this for some reason instilled some deep nostalgic feeling within me. I remember the first day I met her on the very first day of high school in 9th grade Lit. We clicked immediately and were off shopping at the mall together that night (dropped off by our moms of course). Over the past several years we have both moved high schools, graduated, moved off to college and live in separate states, have seen each other through a few relationships (good and bad), have had our share of fights and weeks of not talking to one another...yet, we are always the one the other turns to. We are complete opposites but we balance each other well. And I guess seeing her engaged made me realize how much things have changed and how much we've both grown up. Where did the time go? Of course we are still very young in the eyes of most, but I still feel like adulthood has opened it's arms and wrapped itself around my life. I do feel like an adult and share in adult responsibilities with my husband(another indicator of feeling more adult), but I think part of me (and part of everyone) still feels like I should still be being dropped off at the movies for dates and having a curfew! It's just crazy how time flies and I know when I have kids their childhood will pass before me more quickly than I could have ever imagined mine doing. But I am so incredibly happy to be where I am today. I could not ask for a better adulthood =) And I know it is just beginning! I cannot wait for years later to look back at where I am now in my life and reminisce over the good times and how young I was =)

No comments: