Monday, December 14, 2009

Blankets for Atlanta Union Mission...

Recently, our small group has started working with Atlanta Union Missions by adopting a room and helping clean it up and making it more livable for the men who seek shelter there. One thing that was needed was blankets for all of the beds. So, Leah rounded up a bunch of girls to make prayer blankets together over at the Williams' house. We got about 4 made yesterday and will meet again in January to work on some more. It was a lot of fun having girl time and doing something helpful all at once =) Because I've been sick all weekend, I didn't think to bring my camera but thankfully Leah saved the day, so here are a few pics from last night...

Slaving away...
Tired from all that tying...

Happy Blanket Makers (minus Leah...who is taking the picture)

4 comments:

cindy glawson said...

Looks like you guys had a good time! Sort of an old fashioned quilting bee. :) Great job!

leah said...

Glad you were able to use the pictures!! Now I'm just waiting on your post from the Nweds Christmas party so I can use those pics!! haha thanks again for coming and helping make blankets, I hope you are feeling better!

Pat said...

Yay for ya'll! I agree with Cindy...it does look like a quilting bee!!! Good times!! Please take care of YOU!!!

Katie Jones said...

That looks like such fun- and for a good cause to boot!