Thursday, December 24, 2009

Our Christmas Eve...

Click to play this Smilebox scrapbook: Christmas Eve
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox scrapbook


Our Christmas Eve was absolutely incredible! This was a new celebration for us because traditionally Christmas Eve is spent with my family each year, but since Greg had to work today, we ended up staying in Georgia and will head to NC on Saturday. I am a very traditional person and am not generally in love with the idea of change, but I have to say, this was a very special celebration and I love making new traditions with my husband. After Greg got off work we went to visit with his grandfather (who is unfortunately in the hospital) and then headed to our church for the 3:00 Christmas Eve service. It was phenomenal! It was the "Nativity in Concert" and it was definitely different than what I am used to but it was absolutely wonderful! After church, we ran a couple of quick errands before heading home to make our dinner! We wanted to have a special meal together and therefore I made WAAAY too much food for the two of us but it was very good either way. We had roasted turkey from Honeybaked Ham, homemade macaroni and cheese, corn casserole, green beans, and Sister Shubert rolls. After dinner we decided to go ahead and open gifts before dessert (mainly because we could barely move after dinner). We let the boys open their bones and new treats before we began opening our gifts. I was blown away at the gifts Greg got for me. He is AMAZING! I got him Wii Sports Resort, wireless headphones, and gave him cash and a "certificate" for getting his windows tinted on his car next weekend. He got me: a TomTom, new boots, SPRING AWAKENING TICKETS (!!!!), AND sent me on a scavenger hunt all over the house and outside for my brand new KITCHEN AID STAND MIXER!!! I am SOOO excited about all my gifts!! He is TOO sweet for surprising me with all of these things! After gifts we ate our dessert of homemade apple dumplings with vanilla ice cream..MMmmm!! We had an absolutely incredible Christmas Eve together and I hope you all did as well. Remember the reason for the season =) We have been incredibly blessed beyond measure and are so thankful for that and for each other! We hope that you all have a very Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

cindy glawson said...

I love it! Looks fabulous! I think I have seen that scavenger trick before. ;)

Pat said...

Yay for you!! I am so glad ya'll had a wonderful Christmas Eve!! But...you were missed!! Looking forward to TOMORROW!!! Drive safely!! Love you both!

Caroline @ The Feminist Housewife said...

Merry Christmas!! Sounds like you had a wonderful holiday!