Saturday, December 19, 2009

In sickness and in health...

**Bragging Moment**

This week I have been sick with a nasty sinus infection that is slowly draining me of my sanity. Well, I finally took my stubborn butt to the doctor on Thursday and got put on antibiotics. Yesterday was HORRIBLE. I felt worse yesterday than I have since I started this mess. So, after getting off work I got home to a sweet, sweet man who was waiting for me as son as the garage door opened. He took everything from me (I had to run to the grocery store), took me inside to a clean kitchen (he unloaded and loaded the dishwasher), told me to go put on pj's and he would take care of everything. So, I came back down started to fix my plate but he insisted that I just lay on the couch and he would bring me everything I needed. After dinner and a movie (we watched Up which was so cute) he went up stairs and drew a steaming hot bubble bath for me to soak in. When I got in the bath and he brought me some coffee to sip on while I sat in the bathtub (we like drinking coffee at night). When I got out of the bath, he had the bed turned down, my phone on the charger, pillows to prop me up, tissues beside the bed, and a movie in the player. I got in bed and watched a movie and he would come in every so often to check on me and ask me if I needed anything or to remind me to take some more medicine. I couldn't help thinking last night that I am so incredibly lucky. To some, these may seem like common gestures, but for a lot of women they're lucky if their husbands notice if they're sick. Him taking care of me like that absolutely melts my heart. He is the absolute best husband, friend, and man. Anyway....just thought I'd brag a bit on my sweet hubby =)

2 comments:

cindy glawson said...

Good kid. He must have been raised right. **bragging moment for me**

Pat said...

It melts your mother's heart too! LOVE YOU GREG!!!! Hope you feel much better baby girl!!