Sunday, January 24, 2010

Happy 25th Love!

Yesterday we celebrated Greg turning 25! We had such a fun day together! The day started with his favorite muffins...cinnamon streusel to fuel us up for the big day planned. I had kept his birthday plans a surprise, so the night before I plugged all the addresses I needed in to the GPS and we headed out! On our way to our first stop I let him open his first gift, which was a pair of thick gloves and and ear warmers. Where were we going? SNOW MOUNTAIN!! Greg LOVES the snow and I couldn't take the time off from school to actually go somewhere that has snow for us to ski (which I don't do) or anything else...so, Atlanta conveniently brought the snow here =) We had such a fun time! This really was so cool (no pun intended)! For those of you with kids (or without really) YOU MUST GO!! There is an area for playing in the snow and making igloos and snowmen (the even give you scarves, hats, a nose, eyes, buttons..etc.) and a snowball target range. Then for smal children there was an area for tiny people to go sledding...so cute! Then while you waited on your time to tube, you could roast marshmallows or make s'mores at one of the fire pits! We played for a while then it was our turn to tube! SO much fun! A moving sidewalk takes you up the hill, then you wind through the line, then you tube down the 400' icy slope! All that playing made us super hungry, so we left and went to lunch at our favorite, Chow Baby! After a lunch we. were. stuffed! We headed how and I took a nap while Greg played around on the computer some and then we killed time until it was time to get ready for dinner, which was another surprise. For his second gift, I gave him a new outfit (dress pants, shirt, and belt) to wear to dinner ( the shirt was too wrinkly to wear though). I also told him about his 3rd gift, which a new keyboard that he wanted but it hasn't come inthe mail yet! We got dressed and left to go to Chops, a fantastic steakhouse in Atlanta. It was FANTASTIC!! The food was amazing and the service incredible! We had such a wonderful dinner together. After dinner, we went home to enjoy some homemade cookie cake (Thanks Angie for the recipe) and to watch a movie. We had such an incredible day full of birthday fun and surprises! I hope he had the best birthday =) Tonight we are looking forward to celebrating with his family!

Happy Birthday Love!!!


Click to play this Smilebox scrapbook: Greg's 25th
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox scrapbook

6 comments:

cindy glawson said...

That looks like such fun!!! What happened to the ear muffs? :) The cookie cake looks so yum. I need that recipe! You planned a super day. Happy Birthday to Greg!

Caroline @ The Feminist Housewife said...

Sounds like so much fun! I've never heard of snow mountain!

Katie Jones said...

We have wanted to try Snow Mountain, too! Did Greg tell you that we had seriously planned on going yesterday?!?! That would've been hilarious! We looked at the website yesterday am, but were afraid there wasn't enough for KA to do since she can't tube. Greg said there's plenty for kids though - and after seeing your pics, we will definitely try it out!

It looks like you two had a lot of fun - you did a great job planning a big day out!

Kristin said...

Looks like you planned a very fun day! I've wanted to try Snow Mountain, but we haven't had a chance too yet - looks like it's a blast! I love birthdays!

Pat said...

WOW!!! I want to go to Snow Mountain!!! Too bad you didn't invite EVERYBODY to go!!! LOL.. hope you had a great time!! Looks like you did!

Anonymous said...

electronic cigarettes, electronic cigarettes, e cigarettes, e cigarette, vapor cigarette, e cigarette reviews