Friday, November 5, 2010

Camping Trip 2010

Click to play this Smilebox scrapbook
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Customize your own scrapbook design


Better late than never! Last weekend we went on a camping trip in the North GA mountains with our small group (minus one couple). It. Was. FREEZING!!! However, it was also incredibly fun! The girls did a fab job setting up the tents while the men hauled in all the stuff and made the fire. I don't think I've ever been as cold as i was Friday night, but we all survived and woke up to a delicious breakfast made by Jeff. To warm up, the girls took a short walk (let's be real...none of us are the "outdoorsy" type...so it was a very short walk haha). After hanging around the campsite a bit, playing frisbee, chatting, napping, and twiddling our thumbs, we all decided to take a nice long hike...STRAIGHT UP A MOUNTAIN...WITHOUT A TRAIL! Buuuut we made it, and a little huffin and puffin never killed anyone (though at times, I thought it might kill me)! We had a FANTASTIC chili supper that came back to haunt us all (haha)and sat around the campfire playing hilarious games and which got interrupted by the sound of a woman screaming around midnight. On Halloween. Don't worry, after we all cleaned our pants, John let us know that it was just a bird!! We all slept great Saturday then woke up, packed up, and headed out! It was wonderful weekend and we are looking forward to it again...when it is warmer =)

1 comment:

Erin said...

You sure did a lot of speaking for me in this post.
1. I didn't fart.
2. I don't know that I'm really all that jazzed to do it again.

I did have a good time, though. ;o)