Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving numero uno...


We left for NC on Tuesday after a VERY exciting morning (post to come). We were glad to be able spend some time actually visiting with everyone instead of driving all night, going to bed as soon as we get there, visit for one afternoon and then leave the next morning. Tuesday evening when we arrived, my parents had a congratulations cookie cake waiting for Greg and then took us out for a fantastic celebratory meal for our big news (again...in the next post). Unfortunately, I spent the rest of the week sick and we had to leave a day early, but we had a fabulous time nonetheless. On Thanksgiving day we headed over to my aunt's house for our extended family lunch, which was HUGE! There were around 30 people there, so it was crowded but fun! After stuffing ourselves, we left to go to my grandmother's house for round two. Luckily we had several hours in between meals to nap and so that we could fully appreciate the delicious meal my 86-year-old grandmother made!!! Good Lord I hope I have that woman's genes, she's amazing! After a fantastic traditional Thanksgiving meal, we all sat around catching up and then headed back to Raleigh. The original plan was to be out and about with the crazies at 3am, but this sickie couldn't do it this year..fail. But fear not, I did not let those sale prices go to waste, I did all my shopping online and got some SWEET deals! However, on Friday morning we left early so that I could get back home to see the doctor to find out I had strep throat...booo! It was a great visit and we are looking forward to seeing everyone in a few short weeks for graduation!

No comments: