Well...I'm trying something new. This semester I have been TERRIBLE about getting dinner ready at a decent time or at all! And part of it is because I grocery shop so randomly and just come up with dinner plans as the day progresses. SO in an effort to organize cooking habits, I have decided to try out this little tupperware plan. I planned this weeks' menu before going to the grocery store. When I came home I put the ingredients needed for that night's meal in the appropriate container. What's not shown are the veggies I will have prepped tomorrow to accommodate each recipes' needs (I will have onions and bell peppers diced etc...) For recipes that call for dry ingredients (flour, spices, etc..) I plan on pre-mixing and putting it into a snack bag and in the tub ready to go when I need it. On the cards (that will be laminated so that I can write with dry-erase marker) will be the main dish at the top and then any sides will be bulleted below. You may think this is crazy...but...I feel like this will help me 1) save money at the grocery store (less spontaneous shopping/buying random things) 2) Eliminate any excuse of not cooking dinner and opting to either go out, have leftovers, or have soup and 3) Give me one thing in this semester that is orderly =) I'm going to try it out for a while and see how it works out! I'll keep ya posted!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I like this idea very much. :)
This is really great! You crack me up! And Denise said can you say "anal" HAHAHA...but in a loving way!! We love you!!!
Wow. Very impressive!!
very impressive! DO NOT feel alone in this... I do the same thing. The grocery game helps make me plan out meals so I can buy the things on sale, but we still have a hard time planning dinners ahead of time. We'll get better I just know it!
Post a Comment