
It's holiday season...well, almost!!! I can't believe it's already here. Greg's family is starting a new tradition this year by celebrating Thanksgiving with just the 7 of us which will start next weekend, then my family has Thanksgiving the week after that (the weekend before turkey day) so we can accomodate everyone's schedules, then we have the big annual Thanksgiving meal at Greg's cousin's house with all the extended family...that's a LOT of turkey folks! 3 weeks of Thanksgiving meals...I hope we can fit in our house by Christmas =) THEN we get to decorate for Christmas for the first time in our house! THEN it's CHRISTMAS TIME!!! I LOOOVE the whole season! The carols, the smells of Christmas, the meaning of it, the sense of compassion and community it brings to people...I just love it! But anyhoo...just sharing my thoughts on that!
We had a great time with my parents being here! It was good to just spend time with them and not have to be planning anything...just visit and play guitar hero and watch movies and cook =) We took them to our church today and were really excited about showing them the place that has made such an impact on our lives. The sermon was AMAZING and I'm glad they got to share in a service with us! After church we went to a yummy lunch at Olive Garden...MMmm! I haven't been back since I stopped working there so it was good seeing everyone and eating the de-lish salad!!! I FINALLY got all of my thank you notes finished today and am now going to get started on some school work...story of my life! I am SOOOO ready for this semester to be OVER!! Only a few more weeks =)
2 comments:
Sounds like fun!!!
That is a lot of turkey! But there is nothing better than spending the holidays with lots of family:)
Post a Comment